Group Therapy and Workshops
Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) Group
- Cost is $50 per group.
- There is a small group size with a max of 8 individuals.
- You must be able to commit to at least 6 groups.
- UPMC insurance is accepted.
- ERP treatment approach.
- You’re not alone! Get support from your peers as you conquer your fears once and for all!
Parent (SPACE) Workshop
Beginning September 22nd, 2022, OCD Spectrum will offer a 5 session, virtual parenting workshop. The SPACE workshop will teach parents about the skills needed to help their children manage and overcome the challenges caused by OCD and anxiety. This evidence-based approach was developed by Dr. Eli Lebowitz at the Yale Child Study Center. The virtual workshop will meet on Thursdays from 12PM – 1PM EST beginning on September 22nd, 2022. The sessions will be facilitated by Tiffany Song, LCSW. Tiffany has two decades of experience treating children and adolescents and has received specialized training in SPACE therapy.
- What is it?
SPACE is a therapy approach that seeks to help caregivers increase supportive skills while reducing accommodating behaviors.
- Who is it for?
Parents and caregivers of children who struggle with anxiety, OCD, or other issues like sleep problems.
- How will it help?
It will decrease the struggles caused by anxiety and OCD symptoms within the family, and improve parents’ confidence in their ability to manage their child’s anxiety.
- What is the cost?
The cost of this workshop is $50 per session. You must be able to commit to all 5 sessions.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy- Skills Training Group
We are currently offering an outpatient Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills training group! The group will meet from 12:45-1:45 P.M. EST on Tuesdays, virtually, at OCD Spectrum with Marlana Wilson, LCSW. This group is open to adults looking to improve upon the behavioral and emotional patterns that interfere with living, and also to mental health professionals looking to learn DBT skills for their own practice. The cost per session is $50.
In this group, you can expect to learn skills in four modules:
- Mindfulness Skills: Help to focus attention on the present moment
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills: Help to establish, maintain, improve, and (if necessary) end relationships effectively
- Emotion Regulation: Help to identify, tolerate, and manage emotions
- Distress Tolerance Skills: Help learn how to survive the crisis situations brought on by the inevitable intense and uncomfortable emotions that come with living a full life