Group Therapy Sessions
Group Therapy for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Beginning May 11th, 2021, OCD Spectrum will be providing virtual group therapy for OCD. The group is open to those 18+ with a diagnosis of OCD at a cost of $50 per session. This 8 week group will meet on Tuesdays from 4:30-6:00PM EST through Google Meet. Tiffany Song, LCSW will be the primary facilitator. An intake by one of our therapists is required prior to entering the group to ensure that group therapy is the best fit.
What to expect from group therapy:
- To receive Evidence Based Treatment in the form of Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy
- To become an expert on YOUR OCD
- To understand the relationship between thoughts, emotions, and behaviors
- To learn how to design and perform exposures so that you can face your fears and take your life back from OCD
Dialectical Behavior Therapy- Skills Training Group
Beginning March 16th, 2021, we will be offering an outpatient Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills training group! The group will meet from 12:30-1:30 P.M. EST on Tuesdays, virtually, through Google Meet, at OCD Spectrum with Marlana Wilson, LCSW. This group is open to adults looking to improve upon the behavioral and emotional patterns that interfere with living, and also to mental health professionals looking to learn DBT skills for their own practice. The cost per session is $50, and the group will be limited to 15 members.
In this group, you can expect to learn skills in four modules:
- Mindfulness Skills: Help to focus attention on the present moment
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills: Help to establish, maintain, improve, and (if necessary) end relationships effectively
- Emotion Regulation: Help to identify, tolerate, and manage emotions
- Distress Tolerance Skills: Help learn how to survive the crisis situations brought on by the inevitable intense and uncomfortable emotions that come with living a full life